Tuesday 8 April 2008

Lucky 7!

I've been tagged. I have no idea what a meme is but I will try to play. The wonderful Doc Susie tagged me, she of 'Up the Hill Backwards' fame and I have been told this is how you play. I have lifted the rules directly from her blog as she did to the chap who tagged her...and so it goes:

Rules are:1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here goes..7 things about me..hmmm no… that will get me arrested…and not that one..I was upside down and I can’t be sure…. OK How about these?

1. I have a pressure point on my chin which makes me hiccup when I wash my face. It is most annoying.

2. I have an almost pathological fear of sharks. I saw just the trailer for ‘Jaws’ when I was 10 and that was it. Now I find snorkling makes my heart beat so loudly that I am sure every shark around can hear it donging like a dinner bell. (That is nothing to my fear of dentists..)

3. I still think I one day will be able to talk to the animals, become a ballerina and find my soul mate.

4. In 1989, Zambia, I found myself very stoned one darkening evening with a lovely, naïve foreign boyfriend in the car next to me surrounded by very nervous and angry Zambian paramilitary with a phalanx of bristling, loaded and cocked AK47s pointed at our faces. I have no idea how we survived without being beaten, raped and shot apart from the fact that we were so obviously high that when the man with biggest gun came over to the car I pointed to the storm cloud on the horizon and said from between numb lips, ‘This is completely my fault. I was taking my boyfriend to that cloud.’ He nodded, rolled his eyes and said
‘Turn around and just go. But if you stall we will open fire.’ We didn’t stall.


5. Sometimes when I am in a difficult crowd and my eyes are knackered i.e .London at rush hour, I calm myself by looking at the people coming towards me and thinking how I would take them out in a fight.

6. For many years as a child I believed that the tube trains shared the same tunnels as the people. This explained why people were always anxious and running – to get away from the trains coming pounding up the corridors behind them. I couldn’t understand why people weren’t screaming in fear and I would pull on my parents’ arms trying to drag them to safety completely baffled by their lack of concern.


7. My guide, the yoga instructor and I very nearly died crossing a wooden log bridge over a swollen river in Nepal a few months ago. Half way across roaring white water that plummeted hundreds of feet down the rocky gorge, the rough logs of the temporary bridge started to come apart. For a split second there was horrifying, empty space beneath us but somehow we leapt to safety just in time and then just stood on the bank, held hands and laughed and laughed. We didn’t say another word about it for the rest of the two week trek.

Here are 7 links including the fabulous ‘Up the Hill Backwards’ and the bizarre blog of a middle aged couple's new European adventure ‘Epicblogue’.
Also some fitness stuff (I read with admiration with glass of wine in hand..) some comedy, Mr. Bridgstock, RESSSPEK , some disability stuff and an interesting graphic design blog I happened upon. Enjoy!!


http://upthehillbackwards2.blogspot.com/

http://www.epicblogue.blogspot.com/

http://confessionsofagraphicdesigner.blogspot.com/2007

http://eninjatraining.blogspot.com/

http://www.marcusbrigstocke.com/blog.php

http://writedisability.blogspot.com/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/ouch/

2 comments:

Suzie said...

DANG THAT WAS GOOD! You go Cuz

jen said...

haha. ur a v funny writer. Wish i had so many good stories. Mite try and buff my blog out wiv some of my life rather than just graphic design stuff. You have inspired me. cheers xx